Saturday, January 23, 2010

The Biggest Loser(Rexburg)


Yes, Sarah Jenks Holladay won the Biggest Loser here in Rexburg. Here is how it all came about.
One day when she saw herself in a picture, she couldn't believe that that was her. She was so disgusted that she decided to do something about it. She checked out a book from the library, "Body Fat Solutions", by Tom Venuto and read veraciously until the book was done. She set up a plan and started to see results right away, but she needed a support group to pressure her on. When she was running one day at BYUI she noticed a yellow paper on the ground and passed without picking it up. The next time around the paper had blown right into her lane and she would have stepped on it but decided to pick it up and throw it in the garbage. What was on the paper? It was a flyer to join the Biggest Loser contest here in Rexburg. She had found just what she needed. Before she even joined she lost 10 pounds. She tried so hard to keep committed but needed to have people to report to every week. When she weighed in on the first day sometime in October she knew that there was no turning back. If she gained weight during the week she had to pay a dollar a pound, no way! If she lost weight she got a raffle ticket per pound lost. The raffle ticket went for some prize that was given out every week. To say the least it was hard. She was educated each week about how much protein to eat, how much fiber, what to stay away from, etc. Her weight loss actually slowed down dramatically for awhile because she was eating too few calories at the advice of her personal trainer. Finally when she figured that out she started to lose weight again.

Well, the day of reckoning came on December 15. She was so nervous she couldn't hardly think straight. She new that she had worked hard, but anyone could win. The personal trainer decided to start at the third place winner which made things more suspenseful. When she got to the first place winner Sarah was sure she was going to pass out, thank goodness she was sitting down. And the winner is ....................... Sarah Holladay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! She had done it! She had won! She not only won $446 in cash, but she won so much more. She won the confidence to set a goal and achieve it. She won the beauty that comes from taking care of the body that God had so graciously given her. She won the self control to turn to the Lord, not food when she was sad, or depressed or happy. She won the gift of self esteem. As Eleanor Roosevelt once said "You must do that which you think you cannot do."

11 comments:

Melissa said...

Sarah, that is so awesome! Way to stick with it. I'm glad you found the support group you needed.

Montana at the Helm said...

I am so happy to see that you posted about losing the weight and how you did it! Even though we talked a lot while you were going through this process, it was awesome to see your inspirational words written down. I am so proud of you!

Melissa said...

Holy cow Sarah!!!!! Great job! I'm so proud of you.

Joe

Luci Jones said...

Yeah, Sarah! You're a celebrity! And you are beautiful!

Kris and Lindsay said...

Congrats Sarah! You look great. That is awesome that you won, and how inspiring that you stuck to your goal! I enjoyed reading your post!
-Lindsay

jaclyn weist said...

Congrats Sarah!!! That is awesome!! It takes a lot to start and even more to finish - which is something I've never done. :)

Anonymous said...

Sarah,
You are awesome! Way to go!

Bryant

Heather said...

You look so good! I want you to know you inspired me. I joined a competition here in Shelley and it's going pretty well! I might call you for some tips soon.
-Heather

Charles and Carolyn said...

WOW!! You look really good. Charles and I both were amazed. Charles said he couldn't believe how skinny your face looked. Keep up the good work. Charles and I are having a competition to lose weight. We both have plenty to lose, but I doubt we will do as good as you have.

Kristen said...

Are you SERIOUS?!? That is so amazing! Way to go! Lots of hard work.

I didn't see you "before" but you look amazing after!

That makes me realize how long it's been. Hmm hopefully we'll see you this summer.

Congrats on winning!

Amie and Karl said...

you look awesome!!! way to go